Jerry Cantrell is a man renowned for his thick, grinding grunge tones with Alice in Chains. With the release of his new signature amp, from the god of amp modding Dave Friedman, you can only assume that this is going to be one kick ass motherfucker of an amp.
I must admit that while 99% of the NAMM content on here is stuff that I’ve personally heard/played/seen, unfortunately I missed the press release while I was fanboying it in line waiting to meet Marty Friedman (hah, name pun!) – so here are some pics and specs some other kind person on the internet provided:
Specs are as follows:
- 100W, powered by 4 x EL34
- Preamp – 4 x 12AX7
- 2 Channels (footswitchable)
- Full Clean with 3 way Bright switch
- Series FX Loop
- Overall Master Volume
- JBE Switch (this is the Jerry Cantrell Brown Eye mod which Friedman performs, as far as I know this is a voicing shift to get more modern, AIC type gain sounds)
- CRUSHING LOW END (that’s what the placard said!)
I kinda wish I’d heard this amp now. Dammit.