Remember the ominous but awesome picture of a new full stack Schecter posted last year? We speculated a little about it here. Well, a little more info is trickling in now that we’re getting close to NAMM. Here’s what Schecter have told us so far:
We are proud to announce the debut of our SCHECTER AMPLIFICATION division at the upcoming Winter NAMM Show in Anaheim.
More detail are to come shortly, but we will be releasing a HELLRAISER-100 Full Stack and a HELLRAISER 2-12 Combo.
Here are a few initial details:
• Made in the USA
• All Tube design
• 1/2 Power Switch (100w/50w)
• 2 Independent Channels with Separate EQ and Boost
• Innovative ‘Focus’ Control Optimized for 7 and 8 string range
• ’Tight’ feature
• Speaker cabs loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s
• Innovative Inputs for Passive and Active Guitars
• XLR Direct Output with Straight or Slant Speaker Emulation
• Designed by world renowned amp designer James Brown
We promise more info soon and more BIG News shortly!
Unfortunately it isn’t James Brown the Godfather of Soul who’s designing these amps (RIP) – but apparently this is the dude who had a hand in designing things like the JSX, 5150 and Classic series for Peavey. It’ll be interesting if he can produce another modern classic for Schecter!
Also, that logo is way too freaking big. I predict that in classic 5150 fashion, the brand name will be the first thing people unscrew and throw in the bin when they buy this amp.